HETiA participated at the 8th Patras IQ, 25-27 November, 2023
HETiA participated in the 8th Patras IQ (Innovation Quest) that aims to create a critical competitive advantage, both in the research community and in the production sector, through the application of innovative ideas for the development of new and the optimization of existing products and services in national and global development. Its purpose is the utilization of knowledge with the aim of developing and promoting innovation, technology and entrepreneurship.
HETiA co-organized with the University of Patras the special session “Bridging the gap between the knowledge base and the work environment”, that took place on November 26th, in the Conference Center of the University of Patras.
The session developed a discussion around both hard and soft skills, particularly in graduates of Academic Institutions. Furthermore, it aimed to collect opinions and suggest what should happen next, figuring responsible parties, methods, and the approach to initiate and implement them.
The following representatives took part in the session:
- Professor Dimitris Mourtzis, University of Patras
- Professor Paris Kitsos, University of Peloponnese
- George Sidiropoulos, Senior Technical Director at Think Silicon an Applied Materials company
- John Papanikos, Renesas Electronics
- Alex Maniatopoulos, CEO & co-founder at Yodiwo
- Vasilis Tsagaris, CEO Irida Labs
- Aris Lalos, co-founder Avisense
- Moderator: John Kikidis, HETiA Board Member
Panel “Bridging the gap between the knowledge base and the work environment”
The session can be watched here: https://youtu.be/njQKSk53cSA?t=15766